Lectora Update and Maintenace Releases:
June 2, 2020
Lectora 19 (12027)
Published content is cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 and higher, or any recent version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.
The primary new features of Lectora Online 19 include:
- Timeline: The new timeline feature will enable you to easily trigger and sync page events.
- Screen Recorder and Video Editor: A new screen recorder and video editor can be accessed in the Tools Ribbon.
- Course Starter Templates: Access a library of eLearning templates perfect for both new and advanced users directly from the Getting Starter Screen.
- Custom Button States: Create a custom button state with a unique style and appearance, and use the Set State action to update a button’s state based on the learner’s behavior.
- Icon Library: Select the Icon button on the Insert ribbon to search from over 89,000 professional designed icons to add to your course.
- Cutout People Characters: The Character object now gives you access to over 100,000 cutout characters with multiple poses and emotions. Select the Character button on the Insert ribbon to find and filter by category, emotion, gender, and more
- Translation Tool XLIFF Support: The Translation Tool now supports the XLIFF format when importing or exporting translation files.
- CenarioVR Integration: Easily import a CenarioVR scenario that has been published to HTML5 by selecting CenarioVR from the Insert Ribbon. You can then trigger an On Done action when the scenario ends or is completed. You can also track the score (0-100), result (completed, passed, failed), and duration (number in seconds) using built-in variables: CenarioVR_WebWindow_Score, CenarioVR_WebWindow_Result, and CenarioVR_WebWindow_Duration.
- Accessible Lightbox Pop-ups: Standard and custom lightbox pop-up windows now support WCAG and Section 508 requirements.
- Accessible Custom Form Elements: Custom radio buttons and checkboxes now support WCAG and Section 508 requirements.
- Text to Speech Sample Rate: Choose from various sampling rates to optimize bandwidth and audio quality.
- Page Background Fills: Access a new set of stock background images.
- Button Texture Fills: Select from a new library of Textures as your Button’s Fill Style
- Updated Desktop and Mobile Publish Sizing Options: More easily set sizing options for desktop or mobile devices. Enter a maximum width when choosing to “Scale the page to window width” so that the course does not scale past the Desktop size using the Limit scaling option.
Certain assets and functionality are not included in Lectora 19:
- TechSmith Camtasia and Snagit
- Flash object
- Chart object
- Export to QTI
- Clip Art, Character Poses, Flash Activities, Music, Media Online
- Templates Online, FasterCourse Templates
LD-7242: Text Buttons text does not size properly when switching device views
LD-7151: Text on buttons and shapes can be fuzzy/pixelated when zoomed in once published
LD-7069: Audio controller on titles with multiple auto-start audio files doesn’t update correctly
LD-7074: Ordered or Unordered (bullet) lists with sublists do not write HTML properly
LD-7054: Media Set Time action is missing variable macros support
LD-7170: Publishing to FTP can cause Lectora to unexpectedly close
LD-6974: Incorrect String Set is used on titles with published language settings
LD-7163: Issues with placement of course in iPhone XR
LD-7283: Translated strings do not show up in the text blocks
LD-7282: Title published with seamless play may close if languages are set during publish
June 3, 2020
Lectora 19.0.1 (12031)
LD-7325: On Page Show not triggering Set Button State Action
June 22, 2020
Lectora 19.0.2 (12037)
LD-7337: Text within callout shapes now stays inside the boundaries of the callout
LD-7346: Playfair course starter template updated
LD-7348: Fixed conflict between object display and select audio objects
LD-7352: Usability update to page background wizard
LD-7257: Updated support for courses with legacy Flash objects
Service Pack Downloads:
If you have any questions or issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (866) 852-6700 for assistance.