Lectora Update and Maintenace Releases:
June 2, 2020
Lectora 19 (12027)
Published content is cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 and higher, or any recent version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.
The primary new features of Lectora Online 19 include:
- Timeline: The new timeline feature will enable you to easily trigger and sync page events.
- Screen Recorder and Video Editor: A new screen recorder and video editor can be accessed in the Tools Ribbon.
- Course Starter Templates: Access a library of eLearning templates perfect for both new and advanced users directly from the Getting Starter Screen.
- Custom Button States: Create a custom button state with a unique style and appearance, and use the Set State action to update a button’s state based on the learner’s behavior.
- Icon Library: Select the Icon button on the Insert ribbon to search from over 89,000 professional designed icons to add to your course.
- Cutout People Characters: The Character object now gives you access to over 100,000 cutout characters with multiple poses and emotions. Select the Character button on the Insert ribbon to find and filter by category, emotion, gender, and more
- Translation Tool XLIFF Support: The Translation Tool now supports the XLIFF format when importing or exporting translation files.
- CenarioVR Integration: Easily import a CenarioVR scenario that has been published to HTML5 by selecting CenarioVR from the Insert Ribbon. You can then trigger an On Done action when the scenario ends or is completed. You can also track the score (0-100), result (completed, passed, failed), and duration (number in seconds) using built-in variables: CenarioVR_WebWindow_Score, CenarioVR_WebWindow_Result, and CenarioVR_WebWindow_Duration.
- Accessible Lightbox Pop-ups: Standard and custom lightbox pop-up windows now support WCAG and Section 508 requirements.
- Accessible Custom Form Elements: Custom radio buttons and checkboxes now support WCAG and Section 508 requirements.
- Text to Speech Sample Rate: Choose from various sampling rates to optimize bandwidth and audio quality.
- Page Background Fills: Access a new set of stock background images.
- Button Texture Fills: Select from a new library of Textures as your Button’s Fill Style
- Updated Desktop and Mobile Publish Sizing Options: More easily set sizing options for desktop or mobile devices. Enter a maximum width when choosing to “Scale the page to window width” so that the course does not scale past the Desktop size using the Limit scaling option.
Certain assets and functionality are not included in Lectora 19:
- TechSmith Camtasia and Snagit
- Flash object
- Chart object
- Export to QTI
- Clip Art, Character Poses, Flash Activities, Music, Media Online
- Templates Online, FasterCourse Templates
LD-7242: Text Buttons text does not size properly when switching device views
LD-7151: Text on buttons and shapes can be fuzzy/pixelated when zoomed in once published
LD-7069: Audio controller on titles with multiple auto-start audio files doesn’t update correctly
LD-7074: Ordered or Unordered (bullet) lists with sublists do not write HTML properly
LD-7054: Media Set Time action is missing variable macros support
LD-7170: Publishing to FTP can cause Lectora to unexpectedly close
LD-6974: Incorrect String Set is used on titles with published language settings
LD-7163: Issues with placement of course in iPhone XR
LD-7283: Translated strings do not show up in the text blocks
LD-7282: Title published with seamless play may close if languages are set during publish
June 3, 2020
Lectora 19.0.1 (12031)
LD-7325: On Page Show not triggering Set Button State Action
June 22, 2020
Lectora 19.0.2 (12037)
LD-7337: Text within callout shapes now stays inside the boundaries of the callout
LD-7346: Playfair course starter template updated
LD-7348: Fixed conflict between object display and select audio objects
LD-7352: Usability update to page background wizard
July 16, 2020
Lectora 19.0.3 (12048)
LD-7374: Pill and Bevel Buttons no longer disappear in run and preview
LD-7280: Button initial state is now displayed in build view
LD-7381: The show focus highlight (WCAG) is shown now for gif animations
February 9, 2021
Lectora 19.0.4 (12203)
Audio / Video
LD-7604 Screen recorder tool activation updated
LD-7600 Fixes for projects that have media with CC
LD-7572 Audio events editor can launch a waveform display
LD-7496 Closed Caption text can now be formatted by adding <span> elements
LD-7487 On iPhone full screen mode on videos covers all items
LD-7135 Video won’t go full screen – on iPad, scorm, non-seamless
LD-7055 Preview does not work when inserting HLS and MPEG-DASH streaming video
LD-6950 Publish for Offline file size doubled in v17 & 18 vs 16
LD-6878 Audio Scrubber interaction with scale
LD-6776 Sync events preview window dependent on Flash
LD-7575 Buttons now allow multiple lines of text
LD-7480 Button with image fill no longer no longer prevents switching views
LD-7429 Buttons lose font family setting in Run, Preview, Preview in Browser and when published
LD-7438 Cannot click button in a lightbox pop up
LD-7411 508: Transparent buttons not showing focus
LD-7410 Custom button states with gradient fill lose the fill after close and reopen
LD-7556 The debug report upload process has been fixed
Tests and Questions
LD-7541 Quiz results page on IOS 14 loses results when using scroll bars
LD-7451 Test Results page is blank after you add a field for the Student Name into Results Designer
LD-7389 Drag and Drop: Number of Items in Target Zone not reset by Reset Question Action
LD-7022 Apostrophe in a the choices of ranking question cause page to not display if choices are in Droplist
LD-6756 Matching question lines remain after hiding
LD-7520 Convert page names to short-ID-based names is now the default
LD-7418 Offline publish memory leak when running content
LD-7018 Publish to SumTotal with Scorm 2004 puts in wrong apiwrapper
LD-6950 Publish for Offline file size doubled in v17 & 18 vs 16
LD-7465 RCD title, move an object then Run View was moving it back
LD-7456 Page is cut/not scrollable in mobile in LMS
LD-7426 Verification failure when eLB account password includes hashtag (#) or exclamation mark (!).
LD-7417 Allow authors to hide the timeline
LD-7464 404 page not found error in Run, Preview or Preview in a Browser
LD-7455 Scroll Bars in run mode in multiple views
LD-7421 Pages show blank in Run, Preview modes and when published to HTML or LMS when importing v18 or earlier title
LD-7380 Horizontal scroll bar not present user zooms in
LD-235 Switching themes causes exit button to carry over from previous theme for iphone and android page size
LD-7449 When showing an object with the Appear transition, then hiding it, you cannot show it again.
LD-7042 TOC don’t show when frameless property is True AND Published for Seamless Play is True
LD-7024 SPP and latest iOS, anchor objects not visible on iPhones until you scroll
LD-6908 characters directly after Ã¥, Ã¤, Ã¶, Ã…, Ã„ & Ã– are removed when you import pkg file
LD-6819 Text block with a hide by float transition will not reappear when a show is applied.
LD-7115 Move actions stop working if they move an object to it’s original position
LD-6814 Open Attachment and Launch Document open in new Browser Window (not a tab)
Service Pack Downloads:
If you have any questions or issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (866) 852-6700 for assistance.