We’re hearing a lot of excitement from our customers about the 2017 Lectora® User Conference. So for today’s Trending Topic, we decided to round up everything you need to know to get ready for LUC 2017, including some helpful articles with restaurant and entertainment recommendations for your stay in Cincinnati.
Who can attend: Lectora, CourseMill®, and ReviewLink™ users
Where: Cincinnati, Ohio, at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati downtown
When: May 3-4, 2017, with optional pre-conference training May 2
Theme: Mission: Possible—expect to get real-life user stories and inspiring presentations on what’s possible with your eLearning. You’re sure to leave LUC 2017 with fresh development ideas to try out in your own organization.
Details and deadlines:
- Register by January 31, 2017 and save $100 with the early bird rate.
- Submit your speaker proposal by February 1, 2017. This year, you can submit a proposal for three different presentation types of your choice: standard presentation, hands-on workshop, or a lightning talk. What’s a lightning talk? Read all about it on the blog or watch a video.
- Book your room and get the exclusive conference rate of $159/night—this group rate expires March 27, 2017, or when the rooms fill up, so don’t wait too long.
- Sign up for optional pre-conference training. Come a day early to the conference and attend one of three great Lectora training classes on May 2. Choose from Lectora Intermediate, Lectora Extreme/Games, and Extending Lectora With Scripting—a conference-exclusive class taught by John Blackmon. Reserve your spot before it’s gone!
Keynote speaker: We’re welcoming Dr. Karl Kapp to the stage this year. Karl is a researcher, analyst, speaker, professor, learning expert, and designer of instructional games. He is a full-professor of Instructional Technology at Bloomsburg University in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, and the Director of Bloomsburg’s Institute for Interactive Technologies, which works with organizations to create interactive instruction.
User Showcase: Added by audience request, the user showcase is not a breakout session, but rather a more intimate opportunity for you to show people one-on-one what you’re doing in Lectora, CourseMill, and ReviewLink. Occurring during the Networking Reception, you can mingle and walk around and check out what people are doing. Kind of like a science fair, but for eLearning. Don’t worry, there will still be drinks and snacks, but this year, if you need an ice breaker at the reception, you can say “Hey, wanna see this cool thing I built in Lectora?” or “Check out what I’m using CourseMill Advanced Reports to track!”
What to do in Cincinnati: Our LUC coordinator, Stephanie Ivec, wrote a 3-part “LUC 2017 Guide to Cincinnati” on the blog. In these posts, she shares places to visit—including Trivantis Team favorites—from the best wings in town to great events happening during LUC week. Check it out here:
- “Mission Report: Your LUC 2017 Guide to Cincinnati – Downtown”
- “Mission Report: Your LUC 2017 Guide to Cincinnati – The Banks”
- “Mission Report: Your LUC 2017 Guide to Cincinnati – Over-the-Rhine (OTR)”
We can’t wait to see you at the conference!