Let’s talk Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards. Even if your eLearning isn’t required to comply with these specific guidelines, accessibility is an important topic. Plus, as Learning Solutions Magazine writer Pamela Hogle points out in a recent article, accessibility can make the learning experience better for everyone; for example, people who wear glasses shouldn’t have to struggle to read your content.
The authoring tool Lectora® has an Accessibility Check tool that you can use when creating eLearning. It helps identify objects in your course that may require special attention to comply with Section 508 requirements or WCAG. Whether you’re already a Lectora user or just doing some research on accessibility, check out this roundup of resources:
- This free webinar, “Creating Accessible eLearning Content That Engages Learners,” on November 16, 2016, 1:30 PM EST
Dan Richards and Ron Wincek from Interactive Advantage are sharing the benefits of and best practices for developing accessible eLearning with Lectora. Dive into images, audio, interactions, timing, and more in ways that provide the best experience for all learners and are Section 508 compliant. Register now!
- Our free eBook, Making eLearning Accessible, featuring info right from the Trivantis® experts
Download this free eBook to discover why accessible content matters for everyone—and how to create it. You’ll learn why creating accessible content is so important and tips for making interactive and accessible content. Plus, you’ll get a printable accessibility development checklist.
- A great recorded webinar: “Tips and Tricks for Developing a 508 / WCAG Compliant Course”
In this recorded webinar, Karen Kanne Ngowe, Senior Instruction Technologist for the CDC, and Laura Sliver, VP of Product Management at Trivantis, discuss tips and tricks for creating accessible content.
- Our helpful accessibility support page
It’s packed with info on Section 508 standards, WCAG 2.0 guidelines—and how to apply those in Lectora. You’ll also find FAQs and even more resources in the Trivantis Community.
- A blog series written by Trivantis VP of Product Management, Laura Silver
- Creating Accessible eLearning: What You Need to Know
- How to Use Lectora to Create Accessible Courses
- Tips and Tricks to Making Accessible Content More Interactive
Don’t forget to sign up for that accessibility webinar next week. Dan Richards and Ron Wincek from Interactive Advantage will be sharing some great ways to provide the best (and engaging) experience for your learners!