2013 was an exciting year in the e-Learning industry, and we predict 2014 will be even more thrilling. From mobile learning to interactive games and simulations, there’s always more to learn about these growing e-Learning trends and how they will impact 2014!
Here’s the top 5 e-Learning trends of 2013 that we predict will play a big role in 2014:
- m-Learning – The mobile learning trend is growing at an incredible speed, and it became really popular in 2013. The IDC predicts that 1.3 billion people in the global workforce will be mobile by 2015. Be sure to check out all these free resources:
Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Topic: mLearning.
- Gamification – Everyone was talking about adding games to online training in 2013, which we hope continues in 2014! And if you’re wondering what actual benefits gamification has for your learners, or if it’s just the latest fad, check out this blog: Is Gamification More Than Just a Buzzword? Plus, here’s a collection of resources on gamification: Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Topic: Gamification.
- Social Learning – Social learning has been around since the late 1970s, but it was a significant e-Learning trend in 2013. We definitely see social learning continuing to play an important role in corporate training in the year 2014. It’s a trend that’s packed with benefits for your learners! Find some helpful resources here: Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Topic: Social Learning.
- Storyboarding – This once underestimated technique has been gaining popularity. We’re curious to see what happens in 2014 as more people continue to see the value of storyboarding—it helps you develop more efficiently! Check out all these resources to help you join the storyboarding trend: Thursday’s Trending e-Learning Topic: Storyboarding.
- MOOCs – These Massive Open Online Courses started as a trend in the higher education world, and now they’re affecting corporate training as large-scale learning that has the opportunity to bring employees together in 2014 and the future. Read this blog post to learn more: Industry Review: All About MOOCs.
Stay up-to-date with the trends and everything that’s happening in 2014! Subscribe to the Lectora® e-Learning Blog.