Let’s take a look at the e-Learning weather forecast. Lately it’s been looking pretty cloudy—think cloud authoring—and we predict that this will continue in the future. Working in the cloud has tons of benefits for your organization and its online training program.
Simon Birt discussed a few of these cloud benefits in a recent Lectora® Unscripted webinar. Lectora Unscripted is an informal discussion led by learning technology expert Simon Birt. The series is designed to give you the opportunity to ask questions and share your ideas with other Lectora users through Twitter @Lectora.
Choosing cloud-based solutions has a ton of benefits. Check out a few of the main ones that Simon Birt discussed:
- Doing things in the cloud saves you money—it has a low, ongoing cost.
- You have no upfront infrastructure expenses because your cloud provider takes those on.
- You can focus your IT resources on business and not infrastructure. Your cloud provider takes on IT responsibility for you. As a result, you can focus your resources on business, like subject matter experts for Learning & Development.
How does this increased popularity of cloud computing apply to e-Learning? Here’s a little bit of what Simon had to say about this:
- Content creation and authoring is going to continue to move to the cloud!
- Learning management and tracking can also be done in the cloud.
- Delivering mobile content to an app works well with a cloud-based solution.
- Global social reach is efficient when you’re working in the cloud.
Watch the full Lectora Unscripted video, “e-Learning Forecast: Cloudy with a Silver Lining,” to learn more about cloud authoring and the benefits it has for your organization.
If you like this video, sign up for the next free Lectora Unscripted webinar! (And don’t forget to join the conversation on Twitter with #LectoraUnscripted.)
Want more info on cloud authoring and what’s happening in the e-Learning industry? Subscribe to the Lectora e-Learning Blog.